Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Procurement Operations Associate located in Chevron House, Singapore through August 25, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
This position is responsible for Asia Pacific Finished Product Import Operations, including sourcing, operation management, quality management and customer & supplier relationship management.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing regional guidance and oversight on Finished Products that are imported from other regions outside of AP (Inter-region import). Demonstrate experience and capability to be AP’s central liaison person, Subject Matter Expert to provide advisory to in-country Buyers on Purchase Order execution & shipment.
- Accountable for assisting in-country to achieve smooth and efficient inter-region import through operation planning & execution, supply crisis resolution, distribution network review and look-back analysis.
- Understands complexity of import logistics by various routes (seafreight & airfreight) and guide stakeholders to develop SLA (Service Level Agreement) and SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).
- Manages internal and external stakeholder relationships through proactive engagement and communication. Positively influences cross-functional relationships.
- Proactively pursues continuous improvements such as cost reduction initiatives, process improvement and network optimization opportunities.
- Manages change implementation. Ensures smooth change-over and seamless hand over for downstream execution in country. Provides regional consultation and resolve issues post implementation.
- Follow ups on customer feedback and operating incidents reported. Leads and works with team mates on investigation. Ensures corrective actions are communicated and implemented to stakeholders (internal / external / freight forwarders / customers). Shares best practices within/across regions.
- Provides administrative support for other operations around Marine Operations, Airfreight and 3rd Party Contracted Plant Operations.