The Metropolis, Singapore
Shell Treasury Centre East is the regional Treasury Centre for the Asia Pacific region whose main activity is the provision of liquidity, FX, funding, and treasury expertise to the Groups businesses in the region.
This role is one of five dealers who are responsible for transacting Foreign Exchange and Money Market deals with external and internal counterparties throughout the region.
Position description - Special Challenges
- The external operating environment for Group treasury is rapidly evolving and presents significant challenges (by way of increasing regulations) as well as opportunities (technological advancements in execution and analysis) for the Group. The candidate is part of a team helping to manage these challenges and capturing the opportunities to maximize value for the Group.
- The Treasury Centre operates in a number of highly regulated countries with complex tax, legal, accounting and political considerations.
- There is a history of currency crises in the region and the Markets team needs to maintain relationships and plans that enable us to manage the associated risks and adapt quickly as market conditions change.
- The role involves interaction with external counterparties across the region and requires the ability to work effectively with different languages, cultures and business customs. It also requires managing and building relationships with various internal stakeholders (Treasury Managers, Business Service Centres, Tax, Legal, Controllers, IT) in the region. Therefore effective communication and negotiating skills, including the ability to articulate market intricacies and exposure management, are vital.
Position description - Additional comments
- Due to the regional nature of the Treasury Centres activities, this role will require the incumbent to work on some Singapore public holidays (with appropriate off-in-lieu compensation)
- As part of Treasury’s global business continuity plan, Singapore acts as fallback site for the London centre. In the event that the plan is activated (and during at least two tests per year) staff in the Singapore centre will be required to work outside of normal office hours.
- The key characteristics for success in this role Includes the ability to thrive In a high performance team culture with a proactive and commercial problem-solving approach, a strong sense of responsibility and ownership, as well as effective inter-personal skills to build relationships with both external and internal counterparties In the region.