The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Real Estate investment banking group provides corporate clients across the Real Estate spectrum with advice, access to financing and execution expertise across a wide range of investment banking products.
The Real Estate team in New York is looking for an Associate to join the group.
Investment Banking associates at Goldman Sachs gain exposure to the firm’s businesses and expanded knowledge of the investment banking industry, as they develop key analytical, communications, marketing and sales skills. Associates create and analyse financial models, performing scenario analyses and tests to examine the effects of client alternatives. In addition, associates organize and prepare presentations, which explain industry trends, discuss client options, and recommend strategies to meet client goals. Associates participate in and conduct due diligence sessions, a necessary component of financial transactions. From maintaining client communication to helping Goldman Sachs structure client transactions, our associates are a vital part of Goldman Sachs’ banking teams.
Expertise and Skills:
• Bachelors degree and at least 5 years of relevant work experience OR MBA and at least 1 year of relevant work experience
• Work experience in investment banking (or related field)
• Excellent quantitative and analytical ability
• A proven ability to think commercially about the needs of the client
• Strong team orientation, and a proven ability to work effectively with multiple different teams to solve problems