The Racing Operations Department is looking for a committed and self-motivated individual to join its team to support the cross border horse movement duties for the Conghua Thoroughbred Training Centre (“CTC”). CTC is a major strategic project of The Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) as a cross-border home of HKJC’s stabling, training and racing facilities to support Hong Kong racing operations.
- Plan and prepare horse transportation schedule for the season and organize horse movement upon the requests from Trainers and other parties, e.g. RDB, Racing Operations, etc.
- Monitor, identify and arrange horse transportation for horses that need to be moved for any reason (e.g. racing, stable transfer, retirement, etc.) and notify related parties, if necessary. Ensure all data required for horse movement is up-to-date in Horse Movement Information System (HMIS) and take action where necessary to maintain the data repository in a fully functional state.
- Work closely with the Transport Department to arrange and optimize number of horse float and allocate horses to specific space on convoy in consideration of the safety and welfare of horses.
- Supervise and deploy a team of Senior Travelling Grooms and Travelling Grooms to ensure the safety and welfare of the horses are taken care of and the team is delivering the work standard which is in compliance with the Club’s policies and standard operations procedures. Ensure all other related personnel including Driver, Vet and Security Staff are allocated to the convoy.
- Arrange and coordinate with internal departments for pre-declaration with authorities and horse pre-travel inspection.
- Ensure all relevant government authorities as well as internal stakeholders in both Hong Kong and China are notified and have obtained the necessary approval for the cross-border horse movement. The key government authorities include AFCD, HK Customs, HK Immigration, AQSIQ, HG CIQ, CH CIQ, China Customs, China Immigration and GD Vet Bureau, etc.
- Work closely with Stables to ensure timely arrival of horses at the loading bay for loading of horses to horse boxes.
- Ensure timely notification of all relevant departments and stakeholders about details of each convoy and liaise with Security Department to ensure all requested Security Procedures are properly conducted. Monitor and follow convoy in or through close communication with Security Control Centre and work with all related key stakeholders in case any incident occurs.
- Check horses arrival time and unloading status to confirm safe arrival of horses and record any abnormal findings. Confirm to all stakeholders (including Trainers) after safe arrival of the convoy and submit report for any incident.
- Manage and maintain all data relating to each horse convoy, analyse data on a monthly and a bi-yearly basis and provide summary statistics and make recommendation to management on improvement plan.