Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
1. Guest Room Cleanliness and Tidiness:
• Ensure cleanliness standard are maintained in all guestrooms on a daily basis.
• Neatly fold bedspread and place in designated area.
• If guest is utilizing any additional bedding (rollaway) ensure that there is ample linen and amenities.
• Efficiently turndown bed to meet appearance standard as demonstrated.
• Inspect all guestroom fresh linens for cleanliness and sub standard appearance.
• Place foot mats and slippers on both (one) side of the bed.
• Set up turndown tray with ice and water as well as other turndown amenities as demonstrated.
• Close black out shades during PM turndown service.
• Arrange all toiletries straightened on a piece of cloth in occupied guestrooms.
• Arrange all clothing items in occupied guestrooms are folded or hung neatly according to standard as demonstrated.
• Replace guest amenities when appropriate.
• Vacuum Guest room carpet furniture and baseboards according to standard if needed during PM service.
• Ensure guest has the correct amount of valet/dry cleaning/shoeshine bags/slips.
• Turn on stereo/television to appropriate turndown standard.
• Empty waste baskets
• Replace all used drinking glasses to standard
• Turn on appropriate lighting if guest is not present during service.
• Remove all room service trays from guestroom hallways and/or corridor to be brought to back landings and call for pick up.
• Double check cleanliness of completed work area and placement of amenities in each complete guestroom before moving on to the next task.
2. Guestroom equipment and facilities:
• Recognize and report all missing, damaged or sub standard furniture, fixtures and equipment.
• Ensure that all electronic devices (television, stereo, telephones) are working properly.
3. Guest Requests Handling:
• Evaluate work assignment and prioritize work load according to guest requests.
• Ensure all guestrooms assigned are completed with correct status marked at the end of the day including any information for input into guest history file.
• Organize supply closets and work areas so that the Housekeeping Department operates, maintains and consistently meets efficient standards.
• Adhere to Do Not Disturb policy.